2013/1/8 Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com>

> At the most basic level reality is a discrete digital particle arithmetic
> with no need for further calculations in a block universe.
>
> Then it is indistinguishable from a contiuous or discrete mathematical
manifold of some kind. This manifold is anthropically selected by the mind,
and the perception of the mathematical reality by the mind at the
macroscopic level  (or microscopic-experimental level) is what makes
"reality". This makes the latter a product  of the mind  which created
spots of conscience and reality in the  chaos of everything that exist in
the inexistence. And what is in this inexistent chaos?

The question is why this

> At a higher level it is analog
> in the realm of quantum waves and fields
> including the electromagnetic field and perhaps some bosons
>
> And at the highest/physical level reality goes back to particles/fermions
>
> yanniru.
>

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> >
> > On 07 Jan 2013, at 23:57, meekerdb wrote:
> >
> > In Bruno's theory both mind and matter are products of computation. I
> think
> > it will turn out, as you say, that they are mutually necessary.
> >

> > At *our level* I grant that they are both necessary.
> > But this does not mean they are necessarily necessary at all level.
> > Indeed, with computationalism (in cognitive science) both mind and matter
> > are necessarily NOT necessary at the fundamental level.
> >
> > How could a universal Turing machine distinguish an emulation of its
> > neighborhood (including itself) by arithmetic, and that emulation done
> by a
> > "concrete physical machine".
> > This does not make sense (and that's what the MGA is supposed to show,
> > somehow).
> >
> > Bruno
> >
> > http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
> >

> > --