At the most basic level reality is a discrete digital particle arithmetic
with no need for further calculations in a block universe.

At a higher level it is analog
in the realm of quantum waves and fields
including the electromagnetic field and perhaps some bosons

And at the highest/physical level reality goes back to particles/fermions

yanniru.