On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I sense God's presence.

That's nice, but how do you know (and more important how do we know) if you
are sensing a omnipotent being who created the universe or if you are
sensing a bad potato that you ate yesterday?

I've never had a mystical experience, but if I did I'd have the courtesy to
keep my mouth shut about it if the evidence for its validity was available
only to myself. Even if I had discovered a new fact about the nature of
reality there would be no way to communicate the truth about it to others.
And even if you are certain about it you can't be certain that you should
be certain about it, because you can be 100% sure about something and still
be dead wrong, in fact it's very common, just look at Muslim suicide
bombers.

  John K Clark