It would say that they worship, and worship very hard. But his worship does
adopt different forms. All of them primitive, since their impulses are not
moderated by an assumption of tradition, so they lack the knowledge of best
practices due to previous failures. It is necessary to take into account
that a God in the primitive sense hansn´t to be a transcendental. It may be
intramundane. It can be an ordinary person. An Emperor for example.

Or a actor. When people tell about Hollywood as the Olympus of the stars he
does no know up to what level this analogy, that comes from the same
locations of the brain than in a ancient greek worshipper of Zeus is not an
analogy, but an identity.  I do not mix things. People mix them alone
because all of them are part of the some single experience, historically
perceived in different ways.

By what I said in Robotic truth, worship and sacrifices are unavoidable in
a social being who has memory and cooperates. worship is the public
proclamation of admiration and the commitment to follow a personal entity.

The sacrifices are the seal that certifies the adherence of the group
principles in the eyes of the fellows. Just like a insurance company demand
entry , exit and periodic fees.  The sacrifice can be as subtle and venial
as to mock rival groups in a public forum, but lacking a transcendental
umbrella that embraces humanity, dignity and other things that give meaning
and security in life, invariably the tribal cults take care of the whole of
the person, and this can not be accomplished without higher payments.

And, friends, I have to say that protection from the higher dangers,
demands the higher prices in the catalog of your insurance company.  That´s
why bloody offenses demand blood as sacrifice.  The  growing quantity of
youngters enlisted in urban Gangsta knows that well, and show how our
societies are being degraded. The corrupt mafias that dominate each sector
of the economy know it too. Every group of well organized delinquents need
a cult to the leader and his set of ideas. Sometimes with supernatural
powers. for example, the ability to predict global climate,  or capable of
creating wealth by printing paper money.

In this sense christianism gives a freedom from religion. The God that
sacrifices for ourselves once and forever instead of us sacrificing for it
periodicaly seems like made to liberate us from the deeds of primitive
religion, that


2013/1/10 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net>

> Hi Bruno Marchal
>
> Atheists are those that refuse to worship the false gods they invent.
> They look for truth and untruth from the logic of analogies
> instead of seeking the Living God of the Bible, who isn't an analogy.
>
> [Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
> 1/10/2013
> "Forever is a long time, especially near the end." - Woody Allen
> ----- Receiving the following content -----
> From: Bruno Marchal
> Receiver: everything-list
> Time: 2013-01-09, 10:20:25
> Subject: Re: Sensing the presence of God
>
>
> On 09 Jan 2013, at 13:18, Roger Clough wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > According to Plato, all love, all truth, and all beauty comes from
> > the One
> > (ie God). That being the case, when I experience love, truth or
> > beauty, I
> > sense God's presence.
>
> I can be OK with this, but this will not convince an atheist, who will
> tell you that if "beauty" is god, then he believes in God, but that is
> not the God he is talking about when declaring himself an atheist.
>
> An atheist is just someone who does not believe in Santa Claus. Really.
>
> Some people suggests that comp is two times more atheistic than
> atheism, because with comp, not only the literal Christian God does
> not exist, but the myth or a primitive material universe has to be
> abandoned too. I disagree because comp invite us firmly to come back
> to the scientific notion of God (transcendental truth at the root of
> everything, faith in reincarnation).
>
> Science is always based on a religion. Scientist who pretend to have
> no religion are person who take so much their religion for granted
> that they cannot doubt it, and so becomes pseudo-priest of some sort.
> It is often the case with the (weak) materialist (as almost all people
> are still today).
>
> Bruno
>
>
> >
> >
> > [Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
> > 1/9/2013
> > "Forever is a long time, especially near the end." - Woody Allen
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Everything List" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en
> > .
> >
>
> http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
Alberto.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

Reply via email to