On 17 Jan 2013, at 13:02, Telmo Menezes wrote:

I'm agnostic about the environmental apocalipse.

Me too.

Producing useful scientific theories about complex systems is already a daunting task. When the issue is so heavily politicised by both sides, it becomes almost impossible. Anyone that has ever done experimental research knows how easy it is to lie with statistics and graphs. One would have to study climate science for years just to get to the point of being able to have an informed opinion. The thing is so ideological now that you can't trust anyone to tell you the truth.

Is big industry funding a misinformation campaign to protect their profits? Sounds plausible.

Are bureaucratic anti-capitalist "scientists" distorting the facts to protect their careers? Sounds plausible.

Things we know for sure: fossil fules are a finite resource. The current human population is only possible because of fossil fuel energy. If we don't find an alternative, we will eventually face a mass extinction event.

I agree. Even with no evidence at of global warming and pollution, we have to be cautious. Locally we have only one planet accessible in our normal worlds. It is a rare place where precaution makes sense.

I'm not sure such an alternative exists, but maybe I'll be proven wrong (at least for my 1p) by MWI and QS.

Coming back to hemp should be the good idea. Oil and wood have replaced Hemp (for textile, fuel, paper and medication) just from lies and greed. The possible global warming might just be another consequences on the lies on cannabis, drugs etc. Hemp was the oil, before oil. It is the plant that the human have the most cultivated, with maize and wheat, since a very long time. The idea that it is something dangerous is a total complete recent construct, and has only been a Trojan horse for bandits (probably the one losing the job after the end of alcohol prohibition) to get power.

Politics makes not much sense, as long as prohibition persists.

Bruno

"If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com > wrote: Count me as an heretic denialist of the ecological Apocalipsis. The Michael Mann hockey stick is a fraud as you can verify in the mails leaked in the Climate Research Unit. You must read the mails to have an idea of the context in which the global warming swindle was growth. 90% of the mails between climate scientists around the world were related with the need for government money for department growth. And this includes people of many US and EU universitary institutions. This is Specially true for the experimental data, made most of them by russian scientist in a vanishing USSR that desperately needed money from the west.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/08/23/make-your-own-mannian-hockey-stick-at-home/

Al Gore (peace upon it), The Michael Mann (the merciful and compassionate) prophet added still more fallacies. I know that i deserve the hot Hell for saying something about the sacred books of IPCC, a political body made of power-hungry bureaucrats of sicience, that consistently have denied or diminished any other sources of climate influence but anthropogenic CO2, but here I am.