The reasoning we can use to justify God's ways to man are identical to
those we could use to justify the idea that Satan is actually the creator
of the universe, and just uses the fiction of God to further torment and
tyrannize man. If I were the Devil, I would dictate the bible exactly as it
is, full of contradiction and irrelevant genealogy, sprinkled some profound
wisdom and lurid violence.

But alas, the Bible is just a book pieced together from scraps and
re-written over centuries. Shakespeare was a better writer. Billions of
people will live their whole lives without ever reading it, and their lives
will be no worse for the loss. The bible is creepy if you ask me. It is no
blessing.

Craig