From: Russell Standish
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-30, 15:53:38
Subject: [Metadiscussion] Off topic posting on the everything-list

Might I remind everybody that the purpose of the everything-list is to
discuss ensemble theories of everything. If you want to know what that
is, please consult Wei Dei's description
http://www.weidai.com/everything.html

Granted, this does touch on a lot of topics, ranging over fundamental
science, philosophy and even aspects of religion, but is not relevant
to the current gun control debates, or a move to assert moral values
in our households (whose morals?), just two of the topics discussed
this morning on the list.

The list is deliberately left free-ranging and unmoderated. That has
been its strength, and the list has been remarkably troll-free. But
can I please ask everybody to keep the discussion more or less on
topic, so that the list remains relevant.

Cheers