On 08 Feb 2013, at 10:09, Russell Standish wrote:

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 07:31:06PM +1100, Kim Jones wrote:

Salvia, like Ketamine, (but quite less dangerous, and anti- addictive) has a dissociative effect which might illustrate the "Galois connection" between 1p-mind (consciousness) and its 3p local handlings (the 3p-brains). By making a peculiar dissociation at some place in the brain, one are left with the feeling that we are *less* than we are used to think, and that we are consequently in front of *more* possibilities. That "Galois connection" occurs in many place in math: less equations = more solutions, or less axioms = more interpretations/models. Somehow less brain = more experience, or more intense and richer feeling of experience. This would make the brain being more a filter of consciousness than a producer of consciousness.

Hmmmmmmm……"less is more". Another of my favourite expressions. Please explain the "Gallic connection" (connection galoise à laquelle tu pointe). I am currently convinced that the brain "receives" the mind, much as a radio receiver receives signal, so this makes INTUITIVE sense to me.

I assume he was referring to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galois_connection

Not bad article. I was alluding to the syntax/semantics (Galois) connection, and its generalization into machine and machine's behavior, or machine and machine's mind, when the brain becomes a filter of consciousness instead of "producer" of consciousness, but all this are open problems (in arithmetic/computer science).

Bruno

Cheers

Principal, High Performance Coders