Hi Terren,

Hi Brent,

No, I don't have any desire to anthropomorphize those things you mentioned, but I think it's fair to say we are all wired to want to anthropomorphize things in general - especially things we can't predict that have some kind of impact on us, like the weather. That said, I don't have a particular *need* to do so, and if the "god of comp" is best understood as nothing but the cold calculus of logic, so be it.

Well, *this* will not work, as logicism has failed, and must fail, even on only arithmetic. So arithmetical truth provably escapes all calculus and logic. If not the comp God would get a name, and it has no name (for the machine), ... or we would be more than machine.

But the indeterminacy embodied by comp as Bruno has exposed opens the door to potentially many interpretations of Truth... so it got me to thinking about if there were ways in which solving the measure problem might end up characterizing the nature of the kind of mathematical truth that could support the experience we are having right now. I think it's an interesting question.

Yes. But a very complex one.

Believe me, I am as far from talking about the bearded guy as any diehard atheist, so don't take this as a question that leads anywhere in particular. I have no agenda here, I promise. I walk a path somewhere between atheism and a full-blooded embrace of "divinity" (a wide range I know), and I make no claims to having any kind of consistent position. Bruno's idealism does appeal to me though, and I am exploring that.

OK. And with Arithmetical Truth playing the role of God, we can reasonably assert that God has no beard :)