2013/2/22 Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>

>
>
> 2013/2/22 Kim Jones <kimjo...@ozemail.com.au>
>
>> There is a guy in India - don't ask me for the chapter and verse because
>> I can't be bothered looking it up - who is in his late 70s. He claims that
>> his last meal was 65 years ago. No one has ever seen him eat. He survives
>> on sunlight, food and water - according to him. When asked why this is, or
>> how he is able to survive in this way he merely says "I live as do the
>> plants." OK - he's maybe a "fakir" or maybe he's a "faker" but I mention
>> this to challenge your assertion that the intake of certain substances is
>> privileged because of a claim of a necessary relationship we have with them.
>>
>> You say you are addicted to the "Green Bitch"
>>
>
> I was, I am no more since several years now.
>
>
>> but I still hold that it is your choice to be so.
>>
>
> I never pretended otherwise.
>
>
>>  I have been inhaling the stuff fairly regularly for at least the past 35
>> years.
>>
>
> Then if it is regularly and alone usage, you are an addict, you can
> pretend otherwise, but regular lonely usage of marijuana is an addictive
> behavior, you can change the meaning of addict, it won't make you not an
> addict.
>
>
>
>> All the current studies indicate that cannabis is about as addictive as
>> coffee.
>>
>
> Well it's bullshit.
>
>
>> A woman in New Zealand recently died because she consumed on average half
>> a swimming-pool of Coca Cola every day. You may argue that her "addiction"
>> to Coke is what killed her, but I would say it was the lack of diversity in
>> her diet that killed her. You cannot "suicide" by smoking too much
>> cannabis. Even if you got a wheelbarrow full of the finest heads and
>> proceeded to smoke all of it, you would eventually die - not from the THC
>> intake, but through asphyxiation from inhaling such a ridiculous amount of
>> smoke.
>>
>> I advocate intelligent and moderate use.
>>
>
> I do too, but that's what addictive problems show, once addicted, you
> don't do a *moderate* use. You can say you have an "ntelligent and moderate
> use", don't pretend it is for most marijuana users. It's a lie, you can lie
> to you if you want, don't lie to others please.
>
>
> My rule of thumb is - I buy a quarter of an ounce which I usually cannot
>> afford anyway, so I treasure it. I am able to make that last for
>> approximately 10 to twelve days. I then don't smoke for twice that amount
>> of time - a fortnight or more. This is important because, the more you
>> smoke Mary Jane, the less she works for you because the body builds up a
>> tolerance for her. You surely have noticed this effect?
>>
>
> Sure.
>
>
>> To continue your intake of a substance after that substance has stopped
>> working is the height of ignorance or stupidity.
>>
>
> Well maybe I'm stupid, happy for you, you're an intelligent, please do
> your stuff and tells anyone smocking is and blame stupidity on addict.
>

read:
please do your stuff and tells anyone smocking is OK and blame stupidity on
addict.

>
> Or maybe, you're the stupid.
>
> Quentin
>
>
>>
>> Intelligent and moderate use of a substance always invokes the need for a
>> FORMAL and RITUALISED behaviour which becomes a life rhythm, a regime that
>> supports your best side. When you use, your mind accepts the THC and you
>> gain the marvellous insights and creative ideas that are the hallmark of
>> cannabis and its effect on the mind. You also arm your body against cancer.
>> One thing you and I will certainly NOT die of Quentin (and Bruno) is
>> cancer. You must see this period of time as a privilege, a gift or a
>> learning experience. You then leave the ecological classroom for a time and
>> you take the wisdom and insights you developed under the influence back
>> into the baseline normative state of consciousness that we must adhere to
>> to live in a world where we have to do things like drive cars and operate
>> dangerous heavy machinery for which a cannabis delirium would spell danger
>> or death.
>>
>> I did not call this thread "The Plant Teachers" for nothing.
>>
>> The other thing is marijuana's effect on the memory. Often you smoke, you
>> have powerful insights and ideas, but you forget them as your mind races
>> ahead to its next perception.I have trained myself over the years to have a
>> notepad and pen with me whenever stoned so I do not lose track of the
>> pearls of wisdom as they come through. Cannbis is not a lifestyle; it is a
>> TOOL. You must be clear to yourself WHY you are using it when you are using
>> it and not just giving into a bad habit. But the ability to do that is a
>> function of education - it requires restraint and the ability to see the
>> value of living in these two parallel universes and skipping between the
>> two. There is a necessary period of transition from one to the other. By
>> now I can say that the experience of being straight is a wonderful
>> experience because I know that it won't last forever because at a certain
>> point I will allow myself to enter my "Second Life" and will become an
>> avatar in another world. Both universes are on an equal footing. Being
>> straight is not better than being stoned and being stoned is not better
>> than being straight. There is symmetry in the experience of moving between
>> different instantiations of the self.
>>
>> In the future, it will be the job of education to instruct people how to
>> use their drugs responsibly and to gain value from their use. I mean this
>> quite seriously. In a way, education should be doing this now. Teachers and
>> students should go on trips together and notes should be compared and then
>> a period of abstinence should be enforced to ensure that the subject gets
>> the hang of the symmetry of which I speak. Smoking marijuana every day is
>> not only a waste of money - it's a waste of marijuana, which is even worse.
>>
>> Kim Jones
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 22/02/2013, at 7:24 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> These are necessity, they do not entertain compusilve behavior.
>>
>> I've been addicted to marijuana for more than fifteen years, I know what
>> addict behavior entails.
>>
>> Usage repetition in drugs usage is an addictive behavior, the "I stop
>> when I want" is just BS.
>>
>> I'm not saying it is not possible to have a recreational non-addictive
>> usage, I'm just saying if you are using everyday, it is no more
>> recreational whatever lie you told yourself.
>>
>> Quentin
>>
>> 2013/2/22 Kim Jones <kimjo...@ozemail.com.au>
>>
>>> Do you eat dinner every day? Do you drink coffee every day? Do you drink
>>> water or milk every day? Do you watch the TV news every day?
>>>
>>>
>>> Kim
>>>
>>> On 21/02/2013, at 12:59 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  All classical psychedelics exhibit anti-addictive properties. Sure,
>>>> people can't do mescaline or LSD regularly enough, i.e. every few days to
>>>> every day,
>>>>
>>>
>>> How is using every day (or every few days) not an addictive behavior ?
>>> Seems quite strange to say that to have **anti** addictive properties, you
>>> should use it like an addict, seems contradictory.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en
>>> .
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
>



-- 
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to