On 19.03.2013 02:05 Stathis Papaioannou said the following:
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Craig Weinberg
<whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you say that free will is compatible with determinism then you
are an compatibilist, otherwise you are an incompatibilist. Why
do you try to make the discussion difficult by refusing to agree
on terminology?

Because the terminology is ideologically loaded and makes the
truth impossible to address, obviously. It's like you are demanding
that I agree that electricity is either the work of God or the
Devil.

We need to agree on terminology if we're going to have a discussion
at all. Have aliens visited the Earth? We need to agree that an
"alien" is a being born on another planet. It doesn't mean we agree
on the facts, but we need to at least speak the same language!

Recently I have listened to a nice talk about the search of extraterrestrial intelligence

http://embryogenesisexplained.com/2013/03/the-starivore-hypothesis.html

The author has mentioned two fallacies (slides 6 and 7)

Artificiality-of-the-gaps

and

Naturality-of-the-gaps

Yet, I was unable to understand his difference between artificial and natural. This is another example when there is a long discussion without an agreement on the terminology.

Evgenii