Stathis wrote:
*"I also have a very simple and straightforward idea of free will: I
exercise my free will when I make a choice without being coerced...."*
*
*
And how do you know that you are *not* coerced? your mind works on both
conscious and (sub-? un-? beyond-?) conscious arguments that 'influence'
(nicer, than 'coerced') your decisive process. Then again you may decide to
'will' against your best (or not-so-best?) interest - for some reason. You
even
may misunderstand circumstances and use them wrongly.
All such (and another 1000) may influence (coerce??) your free decision.
Continuing your sentence:
*
*
* "...I never said that the laws of physics deny the possibility of free
will,
but free will is impossible if you define it in such a way as to be
incompatible with the laws of physics or even with logic."*
*
*
The "Laws" of physics are our deduction from the so far observed incomplete
circumstances - they don't "allow" or "deny" - maybe explain at the level
of their
compatibility. The "impossibility" of free will is not a no-no, unless it
has been
proven to be an existing(?) FACT (what I do not believe in).

Logic is the ultimate human pretension, especially if not said 'what kind
of'.

John M