This is close to an idea I have been mulling over for some time... that the
source of the phenomenological feeling of pleasure is in some way
identified with decreases in entropy, and pain is in some way identified
with increases in entropy. It is a way to map the subjective experience of
pain and pleasure to a 3p description of, say, a nervous system.  Damage to
the body (associated with pain) can usually (always?) be characterized in
terms of a sudden increase in entropy of the body. Perhaps this is also
true in the mental domain, so that emotional loss (or e.g. embarrassment)
can also be characterized as an increase in entropy of one's mental models,
but this is pure speculation. The case is even harder to make with
pleasure. It would be weird if it were true, but so far it is the only way
I know of to map pleasure and pain onto anything objective at all.

Terren