On 12 Apr 2013, at 02:47, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

No they don't. An epiphenomenon is an emergent effect. The natural
world is full of complexity and emergent phenomena.

Like arithmetic, from which nature emerge itself, necessarily so (and in a verifiable way) if we assume that we have a level of digital substitution.

I think you will not convince Craig, because he assumes from the start mind and matter and some relation/identification between them, in a non computational framework. But you are right, and patient, by showing him that he is not valid when arguing that comp *has to* be wrong.