Agnosticism IMHO is another belief that is genuinely modern, with Atheism.
Both are escapes from reality. The atheist denies God not for God itself,
but for what implies a creation and an order. In denying God, the atheist
is denying the current order of things. It is absurd to spend time denying
something that does nothing. The atheist wants to deny God because it is
the cause of the current human order because he believes that there is
another better. This order, the order of humanity for thounsands of years ,
the atheist thinks, is a product of a belief system, and not an inevitable
consequence of human nature. So the atheist invent an imagined golden age
in the past and an utopic future that return and perfect the golden age,
when the actual order will be destroyed.  Therefore The atheist is full of
ate to the current order of things, but he feels superior, sanctified by
himself and carrier of a holy revolutionary mission that since is based on
an imaginary reality, ends up in disaster and misery.

Agnostics are coward believers (including coward atheists)
that scape confrontation.

--
Alberto.