On 5/2/2013 3:32 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
I'm simply pointing out that you may be under the influence of
christian morality even though you reject christianity. This is not
surprising, we grew in a western civilisation that was greatly
influenced by christianity. In this case I believe you are being
puritanical because you believe that certain pursuits are not worthy
because they do not contribute to the material common good. This moral
value is not exclusive to christianity, of course, but given that your
name is "John Clark" I would bet that that is where it originates
from, in your case.

It's not only not exclusive to Christianity it's not exclusive to religion. It has been part of every human (and probably hominid) tribe since the beginning of the species.