On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 11, 2013  Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > Nothing can truly be proven nor disproven,
>>

> Then you must believe that the word "proof" should be expunged from the
> English language as there would be no time when it would be appropriate to
> use it. I disagree and rather like the word.

Proof, like truth, is still a useful word in that it expresses an ideal we
chase but never obtain.

> > The people you are describing are those that hold the constancy of their
>> beliefs in higher regard than the truth of their beliefs.
>>

> Yes exactly, the "it's true for me" people, in other words religious
> believers, in other words morons.

So you have no religious beliefs whatsoever?  (Perhaps not if you define
religious beliefs as any belief John Clark considers moronic...)

>   > Meme's which hold self-preservation and constancy above all else, are
>> those that will persist through time.
>>

> Yes just like viruses, and like viruses some memes kill their hosts as in
> Islamic suicide bombers.
>
> > I don't know that science is usually correct.
>>

> Then I have a advantage over you because I did know that science is
> usually correct.

Since when has science usually been correct?  Since 1000 B.C.,  since 1700,
since 1905, since 1920, since 10 years ago?

> > Even our leading theories, QM and GR, we feel are not fully correct
>> since they don't work well together.
>>

> And science is probably correct in thinking that both these theories work
> beautifully everywhere except for 2 places, the singularity at the center
> of a Black Hole and the instant of the Big Bang, and science is certainly
> correct in thinking that more work is required before we understand those
> things.

I think you are mistaken if you think modern science has arrived at the
truth.  I don't think most scientists believe that.

> > Here you are lumping all religious belief together
>>

> All religions are stupid

What about my religion?

Jason