On Fri, May 10, 2013  Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Religion is a set of beliefs which cannot be proved.

Not only can strongly held religious beliefs not be proven to be correct
they can often be proven to be incorrect, of course that fact doesn't make
the slightest difference to the devout. Also making no difference to the
religious is the fact that religions contradict each other and worse are
all riddled with self contradictions, except perhaps for pure Buddhism and
Taoism which aren't really religions because they have no dogma and God
plays no important part.

> > science never provides 100% certainty on any idea,

True, I think.  Science is never certain but is usually correct, and that
contrasts with religion which is always 100% certain but is almost never

> > science can never tell us what course of action is correct.

But religion can and does tell us what is moral, and that's why people
burned witches.

  John K Clark