Hi Richard,

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This list appears to support MWI in which every wave function and its
> associated particle becomes physical but in a differing parallel world or
> universe. So from a 3p perspective, everything is predetermined and from
> what I can tell from a 1p perspective there is only the illusion of
> consciousness and free will.

That is the only possibility to begin with, MWI or not. Looking from
outside the system, we will never appear to have free will. But we
can't go live outside the system nor can we look from there, because
we are part of the system.

> I contend that in such a case, there is no need
> for a morality or a soul.

If by soul you mean consciousness, I don't doubt it's existence
because I experience it directly, not because I think there's a need
for it.

I think morality is a group-level evolutionary advantage.

Cheers
Telmo.