On 18 May 2013, at 23:32, Johnathan Corgan wrote:

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

Matter is a first person plural sharable border by collections of machines which multiplied collectively on the set of all computations.

It sure would nice if you could unpack this sentence, word by word, to help make its meaning more clear.

Doing that is the same as relating the UDA. You have to put yourself at the place of the observer in step seven(*) (no need of step 8 to get this).

Let me try to sum up shortly, not UDA, but the consequence. You can start from arithmetic. The laws of addition and multiplication makes it Turing complete, and from arithmetic a giant web of machines or numbers dreams (3p, computations) emerges. In the same way that the distribution of the prime numbers emerges.

But we need the first person account, not just the 3p computations. Once you take it into account, bu UDA1-6, you are distributed in it [a concrete version at step seven, but the 'concreteness' is not needed by step 8, but the pictiure is the same] by the global first person indeterminacy (FPI) [on arithmetic, or on a concrete UD*], so that from your first person point of view (hopefully sharable, but Everett confirms the sharability) your body is only a map of the "universes" (dreams) you can access with some probability. A body is just an arithmetical door permitting a "universal" consciousness flux to differentiate in many histories. They are orthogonal above the level, and not orthogonal below, which entails a notion of proximity on the consistent extensions, and this obeys indeed to a quantum logic, (as it can been shown when doing the math). More on this on the FOAR list where I promised to explain a bit more of that math.

Feel free to ask more from this post, though. If you understand the FPI, the rest follows from logic and some passive theoretical computer science, I think.

Bruno

(*)
http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/publications/SANE2004MARCHALAbstract.html

Johnathan