On 6/8/2013 4:38 PM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
Hi Brent,

So what would a computer generated simulation of a Pink Elephant in a simulated world be? Would it exist?

It would exist in the computer simulation. But would it be a "Pink Elephant" - that seems like a question of semantics. We look at the screen and say, "That's a pink elephant." but we don't mean that literally. Simulated people in the simulation may say, "That's a pink elephant." and mean it literally.

Brent