On 08 Jun 2013, at 14:23, smi...@zonnet.nl wrote:

They exist if there is a consistent description of them. Even within conventional physics there is room for that, as discussed recently on this list. In the MWI or in eternal inflation models, everything that is not strictly forbidden by the conservation laws will happen.

Flying pink elephants can e.g. exist on planets with an extemely dense atmosphere, there was a NGC documentary a few years ago about this topic, it was suggested that you could have flying whales on such planets.

I was taking about the flying pink elephants on our planet. If you question was "does they exist in general", then, as any physical object is the result of stable pattern supervening on infinities of computation, we can just say "we don't know, probably in some rare branches of the comp-quantum multiverse".

Bruno

Saibal