On 7/2/2013 8:25 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
If we compare the percentage of possible programs that are supportive of conscious observers in relation to all programs of the same length, we can derive something like chaitin's constant.

You've jumped to measures on programs. In such a program there are presumably parameters that fix the value of the physical constants. Now are you proposing that a program that sets alpha=1/137 is "more probable" than one that sets the value to 1/136.5. Is it less probably than one that sets alpha=1/130? Is the measure to be on alpha or 1/alpha?