On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 6/30/2013 8:09 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
>

> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>  On 6/29/2013 6:34 AM, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> With regard to your's and Brents' coments, how would we demonstarte
>> string theory? A super-giant CERN hadron collider?
>>

>>  No.  You don't demonstrate physics models, you makes some predictions
>> and if they are turn out to be true the you give some credence to the
>> theory.  String theory has the same problem as Bruno's theory, it
>> apparently predicts far too much.
>>

>  Too much according to which standard?  In my opinion, present
> "monouniverse" theories predict far too little in my as we are founded by
> mysteries like the cosmological constant having to be tuned to 120 decimal
> places.
>

> Yes, such "everything" theories provide cheap explanation, but no
> prediction.

But what is the basis for the assumption that it's possible to derive a
unique set of physical laws mathematics alone?

"The Anthropic Principle is essential, if one is to pick out a solution to
represent the universe, from the whole zoo of solutions allowed by M
theory." -- Stephen Hawking

> In fact the holographic principle indicates the CC need not be "fine
> tuned" at all.

Interesting.  Can you point me toward papers on this subject?

Jason