(See below): I do not fall for Brent's quip that you want to impose your
extended (non-religious?) religion on us, so I continue.

Whatever you call 'religious' is continuation of millenia-long habits, hard
to break. The Hindus have different ones - yet it IS religion.
Atheists? Atheism? comes within the package. I am agnostic, BUT not in the
God-related sense - agnostic of anything all we can state as 'knowable'.
Including proof, evidence, and - yes -
appearance, (of course "testability" included) what you use FOR the
mind-body fantasy. It appears to our human 'mind' (in our latest human
logic). What I am agnostic about.
*
Now about my 'Steckenpferd': *natural numbers*. I asked you so many times
to no avail. You hide behind "it is *SSOOO* simple that you cannot explain
it by even simpler cuts" or something similar.
In my 'narrative' I figured that pre-caveman looking at his HANDS, FEET,
EYES, and found that PAIR makes sense. (2, not 1). Then (s)he detected that
PAIR consists of - well, - a PAIR, meaning 2 similars of ONE. And (s)he
counted: ONE, ONE, PAIR (=TWO.)
The rest may not exceed the mental capabilities of conventional
anthropologists. Here we go into the NATURAL numbers. Some other animals
got similarly into 3, 5, maybe the elephant into even more.
Then came the originators of the subsequent Roman (what I know of)
numbering - looking at a HAND counting *fingers*. The group on a palm looks
like a V, so it represented 5. With 2 drawn together at their pointed end
for 10 (No decimal idea at this point). Four was too much, to count, so
they took 1 off from the V:* IV, *(repeated later as IX etc.) and when it
came to 4 X-s they got bored and drew only 2 lines recangulary together for
50, -- 40 similarly marked as XL (49 as IL).

Remember: subtracting was different in ancient Rome, you also included the
start-up figure and subtracted it like 9-3 = (9,8,7) = 7 as the original
old Julian calendar counted the dates, e.g. today: July 9: "ante diem
septimum (7) Idus Julii" (the 7th day before the Idus of July) because July
is a MILMO month when the Idus is not on the 13th as usual, but on the
15th). And NO ZERO, please.
So I doubt that the 'natural numbers' created the world.
Humans created the natural numbers. Just like they created the
not-so-naturals (irrationals, infinites, you name them).

John M