On 10 Jul 2013, at 22:37, meekerdb wrote:

On 7/10/2013 1:25 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

UDA shows why and we have to extract physics from that (making comp testable), and how we can do that using the mathematical machine's theology.

You're really saying we have to extract physics from comp IN ORDER that it be testable.

Notably. But comp has other consequences, but they are more difficult to test as clearly as physics.

You've said that comp implies QM, although I don't see how;

I have given the equation. I try to explain this on FOAR but it relies on some familiarity in logic. Normally you should know already that physics is given by a measure on relative computational continuations, and the logic explains already the statistical interferences.

but if that's the case perhaps you can infer from comp the answer to the interesting question in theoretical physics, is the evolution of a black hole unitary?

This is not on the near horizon. But we have no choice if we bet on comp.

So far every theory that assumes unitarity seems to violate the equivalence principle of general relativity.

Yes, QM + GR is in trouble. I guess GR has to be changed, as QM is very solid. But in comp, there are many open problem in arithmetic to solve before we can decide. Now comp is a theory of consciousness and matter. QM and GR don't aboard the mind-body problem.