On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>> You know what partial differential equations are don't you? Well then, >> in the above "God" is anything in which a solution to such a equation >> describes the future behavior of that thing. >> > > > God would be more like the one knowing the solution of the wave equation, > Fine, probabilities are good enough for me. If solving the partial differential God equation told me that there was a 40% chance that God would kill all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, and a 35% chance He would create a plague of locusts, and a 25% chance He would part the Red Sea and one of those things actually happened then I would become a theist, provided of course that future solutions of the God Equation produced a similar pattern of successful predictions. >>> You confirm again and again that atheists defends the uniqueness of the >>> God notion: >>> >> >> >> That is correct. Atheists know that the God notion is indeed unique >> because atheists are logical and have deduced that there can be only one >> greatest being who created the universe because that's what another English >> word "greatest" means. >> > > > You admit you are christian apparently. > Yes that's what I thought, you are fine with words meaning whatever you want them to mean whenever you want them to mean it. And that makes communication rather difficult. John K Clark -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.