On 10 Jul 2013, at 21:53, John Clark wrote:

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> they [atheists] believ in Matter, the "thrid God" of Aristotle. But they want you to believe it is not a God,

If I could predict God's future actions by solving partial differential equations,

I have no idea what you mean by God in that sentence.

and if I could build a bridge overpass by using prestressed God, and if I could make a bronze God by bringing a copper God and a tin God together, and if I could fertilize my lawn by using the God the comes out of the backside of a horse then I would have no problem with the concept behind the word "God"; but I'm a native speaker and I know that's not how the English language works.

Because you restraint the English language "God" to the post-523 occidental use of the term. But English allows you to use terms in more general sense. especially when arguing rationally and using semi-axiomatic approach for all terms.

Why does atheist put so much energy in defending all the time the roman christian God. You confirm again and again that atheists defends the uniqueness of the God notion: the christian one.

Many Christians have already a larger view.

Bruno

>> Christopher Hitchens dismissed the idea of God (and he had the courage to do the same with the word G-O-D).

> Really?

Yes really.

  John K Clark