Sorry,, it is not deeds, but  sins. And expiation of sin against the
comunity or against oneself (which also endanger the comunity) must be paid
with sacrifices. In any society, for any human being. Because that is the
human nature and that is the nature of game theory. If not the alternative
is suicide, the ultimate sacrifice

The sacrifice of Christ calm the desire for sacrifice  and substitute it by
less onerous sacrifices: prayer for example. That is the central point with
effective pshychologial healing for every human being.

You can laugh at or dismiss it. But it is evident  again, in the light of
game theory and evolution. See for example
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/everything-list/OxWk4otaaec/6v6Ou0XOq1QJ

Brent: I´m not interested in the mithopoesis that you present, that is
evidently, gnostic and therefore it is deeply antichristian.

Since you are a gnostic (despite that  you don´t know it), you think, in
the deep, that humans  can escape from the limitations of reality.
evolution and game theory among them, once they are free from he oppression
of shadow evil entities  like capitalism, God, the Curch, The Pentagon, The
Global Warming deniers, and other conspirations .

Since we start from very different points of view I´m sorry I can not
stablish a conversation with you. I don´t want to waste my time. (not to
mention to waste my time reading the products of your sterile and  biased
hate against the christianity, western history, and, upto to a point,
everything)

2013/7/12 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>

>  On 7/12/2013 7:03 AM, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
>
> The sacrifice of Christ paid our deeds -once and for all- for being worth
> and appreciated by other human beings.  The belief on that calm our innate
> desire to demand the sacrifice of the others for us and the desire to
> sacrifice ourseves.
>

> I was with you, Alberto, up that point.  The sacrifice of Christ, which
> was demanded by his Father, was for expiation of sins.  Not to show he was
> willing to sacrifice for the tribe.  Not to show he was a team player.  It
> was displaced revenge.  It showed God was justified in visiting great
> punishment on disbelievers; punishment so great that killing His own son
> exemplified His wrath. This was part and parcel of the threat of eternal
> torture and slaying His enemies.  "See how ruthless I can be.  See how
> seriously I take your impiety.  I kill my own son in expiation."
>
> And his followers learned this lesson and applied it to the Cathars, the
> Protestants, the Muslims, and Hitler visited it on the Jews.  Not that it's
> unique to Christianity or even to religion - as you note, any tribe can
> adopt a dogma and defend it with bloodshed.
>
> Brent
> “There is another  form of temptation, even more fraught with danger.
> This is the  disease of curiosity….  It is this which draws us to try and
> discover  the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our
> understanding, which can avail us nothing, and which man should not  wish
> to learn.”
>         -- St. Augustine
>
>  --

Alberto.