I quote myself:
"But the religious instinct in the primitive sense is not about love and
compassion, but the contrary it is about fanaticism and exclusion of these
that are not in agreement. "

This is incomplete: the fanaticism and the exclusion is there for well
stablished game theoretical reasons: to create a strong boundary between
collaborators and non collaborators, and thus to reinforce collaboration.
Reasoning in terms of game theory sacrifice is the unavoidable requirement
for stablishing that boundary.  Unavoidably, when there social capital is
reduced to this group and there is no other form of spiritual union beyond
the sect, the sacrifices become stronger and stronger, since even the life
depend on the group , to be safe from the attack of other groups. The first
and the last sacrifice is, of course, human sacrifices. to kill non
sectarians. and to demonstrate that one has the will and the disposition to
kill.

That is what the sacrifice of Christ free us from, and it is the
unavoidable destiny of a society that leave their Christian beliefs. This
happened in a few years in Germany and communist countries for only a
matter of example.

2013/7/11 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>

> On 10 Jul 2013, at 23:05, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
>
> I do not exactly agree. since religion is a natural inclination, and
> atheists have no organized religion
>

> It depends on which atheist sect you talk about. It is an hard subject
> because those sect are secret. I know them as I leave them, and like all
> sect, it is a difficult task to say the least.
>

> then the religious way of thinking permeate all their lives. I´m not
> trying to be pejorative. But the religious instinct in the primitive sense
> is not about love and compassion, but the contrary it is about fanaticism
> and exclusion of these that are not in agreement.
>

> Yes.
>

> And it is about sacrifices to demonstrate the worthiness of each one for
> the sectarian group.
>
>  Chiristianity in this sense gives freedom from this primitive, sectarian,
> sacrifice demanding instinct  and canalizes it in positive ways.
>

> There too it will depend on which sect or branch of christianity you talk
> about.
>
> Bruno
>

> 2013/7/10 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net>
>
>>  I am amazed these days at the antagonism atheists hold against religion.
>> I suppose it has to be that way, for there is a natural draw of men
>> toward religion.
>> And if their rejection weren't so oversized, they might fall victim to
>> religion--
>> that is, to learn humility, and be filled, without any worth or work on
>> their own,
>> with faith, hope, and love.
>>
>> How torturous.
>>

>> Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
>> See my Leibniz site at
>> http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough
>>

>>  Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
>> See my Leibniz site at
>>  http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough
>>
>> --

> Alberto.