On Thu, Aug 22, 2013  Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > A stochastic system may be reducible to being modeled by some set of
> random variation

> >but In reality it is often a whole lot more subtle than that and the
> "randomness" is not random

If it's not random then it happened for a reason, and things happen in a
computer for a reason too.

*>>Ask yourself this question, why weren't all those fantastically
complex transient
>> dynamic branches in a neural network by the name of Grandmaster Gary
>> Kasparov able to beat a 16 year old computer running a 16 year old chess
>> program?*
> **

> not sure how this has bearing

Is that true, are you really not sure how that has any bearing? I am sure.

 > The super computer that finally beat him had a massive number crunching
> ability

At the time it may have been a supercomputer but that was 16 years ago and
the computer you're reading this E mail message on right now is almost
certainly more powerful than the computer that beat the best human chess
player in the world. And chess programs have gotten a lot better too. So
all that spaghetti and complexity at the cellular level that you were
rhapsodizing about didn't work as well as an antique computer running a
ancient chess program.

  John K Clark