On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> I do not like very much Feyerabend, and disgaree with its overal
> philosophy of science, I do agree with him on Galileo.

OK so let me get this straight, you agree that "the church at the time of
Galileo was much more faithful to reason than Galileo himself", you think
somebody wanting to burn somebody else alive for saying the earth goes
around the sun is much more faithful to reason than the scientist who said
it. Bruno, at this point I really don't want to hear any more crap about
"comp", right now I just want to know if that is what you're really trying
to say.

Being provocative is all well and good, but not to the point of stupidity.

> Galileo was blinded

Blinded? BLINDED!? Were talking about Galileo and the church but it's
Galileo who was blinded!? This is yet another thing that gives philosophy a
bad name, I may have heard stupider remarks in my life but I can't think of
one right now.

John K Clark