As usual, I see a microcosm of science in this thread. From Bruno's
perspective, the power of reason is in its ability to see through its own
bias to find questions, problems, and shades of grey. From John Clark's
perspective, reason is about black and white evidence which provides
answers and closes the door on what is wrong as it opens the door to a
future which leads to what it true and right.

To me, these are both exaggerations - idealizations of how we would like to
seem to ourselves and how we would like science to be. I think that the
truth of science is that there is no formula, no method other than a
general faith in precision and methodology and a hope for discovery.

Thanks,
Craig