On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>
> > I do not like very much Feyerabend, and disgaree with its overal
>> philosophy of science, I do agree with him on Galileo.
>>

> OK so let me get this straight, you agree that "the church at the time of
> Galileo was much more faithful to reason than Galileo himself", you think
> somebody wanting to burn somebody else alive for saying the earth goes
> around the sun is much more faithful to reason than the scientist who said
> it. Bruno, at this point I really don't want to hear any more crap about
> "comp", right now I just want to know if that is what you're really trying
> to say.
>
> Being provocative is all well and good, but not to the point of stupidity.

I think I'm beginning to see how this constitutes an actual argument in
John Clark's world...

You love to be provocative, which is why its all "well and good", revealing
today clearly, your penchant for linguistic gaming to intimidate and
impress yourself. That's not very scientific, even by your standards.

Bruno's statement is consistent with his work. Your statements are
consistent with some personalized interpretation of McDonald's reviewed Big
Macs.

It's you playing rationality's messianic priest here with ad hominem again.

But this simply indicates you are perhaps as pompous, arrogant, and
insecure, as more and more people are understanding in these lists of late.

> > Galileo was blinded
>>

> Blinded? BLINDED!? Were talking about Galileo and the church but it's
> Galileo who was blinded!? This is yet another thing that gives philosophy a
> bad name, I may have heard stupider remarks in my life but I can't think of
> one right now.

Try reading your own text once, after you write it, with scientific
distance instead of vanity. You might find some stupidity in there just
like the rest of us to from time to time.

Concerning the point: yes "blinded", of course. Replacing one model of
reality forcefully for another is a violent act. Doesn't matter if Church
or your messiah Galileo. Or do you want to make an argument for "why John
Clark should tell people how to live"?

What gives philosophy a bad name, adopting your provocative view and tone,
is that it is yet another set of perspectives that will not be bullied by
John Clark 5th grade size comparisons of intellectual genitalia and precise
judgements and conclusions รก la "this is stupid!".

So, I see it's hard for you, but keep your caterwauling down, lest you
scare away everybody who'd want to be part of John Clark's empire of the
church of the scientific bombastic, exposing "stupidity" for the rest of
the world. PGC