On 30 Sep 2013, at 15:56, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

Not exactly. And that depends on what we call as science. Many called sciences are pure rubbish, while some other disciplines outside of what is now called science are much more interesting. I´, in favor of good science and good philosophy. I consider good whatever knowledge endavour that is not in the hands of wishful thinking. There are too much disciplines that call themselves sciences, as well as others outside that are little more that wishful thinking.

Good philosophers are scientists (the Greeks, Maudlin, etc.)
Good scientists are philosophers (Einstein, Gödel, etc.)

In my youth, the academical philosophy nearby was Marxist propaganda, and today, my opponents ask philosophers to criticize the work by authority, as they admit not seeing one flaw. This makes me think that philosophy is the place where argument per authority are still tolerated. This means that philosophy is a tool to imitate institutionalized pseudo-religion.

But above the vocabulary, we might try to just understand each others. Personally, I see science as the perpetual fight against prejudices and any form of certainties. Science is just the attitude of being able to doubt and change their mind, and that spirit can be applied in any domain.

Many texts in human science can easily be transformed in authentic good pieces of science, just by adding some interrogation marks.

Being a physicist, I consider all the stuff about determinism, QM and so on extraordinarily interesting, but it has little to say about the concept of free will that I´m interested in. On the contrary, there are developments in evolution, evolutionary psychology, category theory, game theory and computer science that can say things interesting for the problems that interested to the classical philosophers. All of these disciplines are non reductionists, and can apply to all the levels of complexity.

We agree on this.

Bruno