On 03 Oct 2013, at 02:19, LizR wrote:

On 3 October 2013 13:15, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
Interestingly it appears that most coin tosses may be quantum random, arXiv:1212.0953v1 [gr-qc]

(snip)

I say "most" because I know that magicians train themselves to be able to flip a coin and catch it consistently.

Interesting. I think there's a slight bias (in non-magicians) towards the coin coming down one way or the other - either the same as it started or the opposite, I can't remember which (There could be an ig-nobel in finding out for sure...)

I gave this as exercise to my students some years ago (and I asked that to the FOR list too, but got no answer): how much have you to shake a box with a dice, so that the universe get into a superposition with the six outcomes. Most quantitative rough computations shows that you don't have to shake it much, indeed. The quantum uncertain adds very quickly. Now, I would have said it is still take some time, and the fact that magician can trained themselves to get the wanted coin face makes me doubt that a simple throw can be enough (I have not yet find the time to look at the paper, busy days ...).