Hi Liz

>> Is there something wrong with quantum indeterminacy?

Apart from the fact the MWI removes it? And that that is the point of MWI? And
that probability questions in MWI are notoriously thorny?

This is why I resort to the Quantum Suicide experiment or better still to
Quantum Russian Roulette. The experimenter is 1-p certain of his own survival,
not unsure about it. Otherwise, he'ld never take part. And this certainty has
nothing to do with the fact that in the other outcome he dies. It doesn't
matter what happens in that branch. His certainty is consequent on the fact
that all outcomes obtain and being a MWI believer he believes just that.

The Stanford Encyclopedia puts it:

 "The quantum state of the Universe at one time specifies the quantum state at
all times. If I am going to perform a quantum experiment with two possible
outcomes such that standard quantum mechanics predicts probability 1/3 for
outcome A and 2/3 for outcome B, then, according to the MWI, both the world
with outcome A and the world with outcome B will exist. It is senseless to ask:
"What is the probability that I will get A instead of B?" because I will
correspond to both "Lev"s: the one who observes A and the other one who
observes B."

I agree with that analysis, and disagree with subsequent attempts to smuggle
some notion of probability back in. I'll read them again shortly just to see if
they are any more convincing but on the face of it MWI has an issue with 1-p
indeterminacy. It shouldn't really be there.

Regards.