On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Telmo,
>
> Thank you very much for that feedback; those are all good points and I will
> incorporate it into a new and improved version.
>
> Do you think it would be clearer if instead of a block of wood I used a very
> small (but light absorbing object), like a dust mote, or a single atom, etc.
> (something that more intuitively could be moved by light?)
>
> Perhaps I could built up with multiple levels, first the light hits an
> electron, which puts it into two states, and gives it two momentums, then
> the electron hits a phosphorescent screen, which puts it into multiple
> states of illumination, and then the person looking at the screeen is
> finally put into two states?

Yeah, I would prefer this. Even if the sequence of events is a bit
more complicated, I think the overall cognitive load is lower because
you never have to suspend disbelief.

Another thing I noticed: you say at one point that the light behaves
like red light but there's never a "payoff" for this bit of
information.

Telmo.

> Jason
>
>
>
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Jason, nice work!
>>
>> A few comments:
>>
>> - It's not obvious what's going on when the block of wood turns into
>> two. Even expecting the multiple outcomes, one does not intuitively
>> expect a beam of light to move a block of wood. I don't mind the
>> exaggeration but I suggest you make it explicit in the text and
>> indicate displacement in the figure somehow;
>>
>> - Numbering figures would be a great improvement;
>>
>> - You should sign your work!
>>
>> Best,
>> Telmo.
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > All,
>> >
>> > I've put together a primer on QM, as I think in the process of
>> > explaining
>> > something in simple terms can help improve one's understanding of a
>> > given
>> > subject.  I thought I would share it with this list in case it might
>> > help
>> > anyone else. I also welcome any feedback anyone has to offer regarding
>> > it.
>> >
>> > Jason
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > Groups
>> > "Everything List" group.
>> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>> > an
>> > email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> > To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to