On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 1:13 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 11/14/2013 11:00 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
>
>> Telmo, Bruno,
>>
>> I've incorporated your suggestions into an updated document. Thank you.
>>
>> To all: feel free to use these however you find appropriate.
>>
>> Jason
>>

> If I use it (and I probably will - with attribution) I would replace the
> TV phosphor screens with photographic plates.  The pedagogical difference
> being that silver spot that is precipitated out of the silver halide is
> then already classical and I could discuss the problem of
> quantum->classical without having to make it more difficult by including
> the problem of consciousness.

Brent,

Thanks.  I am glad to hear they will come into some use.

I don't think you necessarily need to get into consciousness.  You might
just explain that humans, like any other system of particles, can also be
in superpositions (because the particles that make up the person are in
superpositions).

If you don't explain it in this way, how will you account for finding only
one black spot?  BTW, I like your idea of the photographic plates, and
think I will take your suggestion.

Jason