On 15 Nov 2013, at 13:38, Telmo Menezes wrote:

Great work Jason!

Regarding color blindness, there are some palettes to deal with this.
I have a color blind colleague, and they seem to work well with him.
For example:

http://www.mollietaylor.com/2012/10/color-blindness-and-palette-choice.html

I also use the color blind friendly palette when working with R:
http://www.cookbook-r.com/Graphs/Colors_(ggplot2)/

Bruno, can you confirm if this would work for you?

Hmm... For example, in the first link, I do see the difference *in* the palette, but if those colors are used to draw thin lines, in some subtle graphic, there is a lot of chance that I will not distinguish easily (if at all) the color #88CCEE, #44AA99, #B3B3B3, #8DA0CB, #7570B3, #666666, especially if tired during a somber november day!

And my dyschromatopsia is considered as a very slight one!

That is why I would recommend the use of colors only in a way such that a black and white photocopy would not retrieve any information from the graphic.

Bruno

Telmo.