2013/11/12 LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>

> On 12 November 2013 14:04, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Every science whose conclusions have effects in politics has a high risk
>> of being manipulated. In the URSS and here. From Anthropology to long term
>> Meteorology to everything in the middle. The one that does not realize that
>> is poor fool who does not know how the world works and has replaced with
>> all his innocent stupidity the fairy tales of the past with the fairy tales
>> of supposed sciences.
>>

> Yes of course.
>

>> If you read the mails of the East Anglia Climategate scandal, One of the
>> main concern of the Warmists were about to keep in control over the peer
>> reviewing mechanism of the main scientific magazines Long interchanges of
>> mails were devoted to talk about stablishing barriers in the peer reviewed
>> magazines by perverting the PR mechanisms.
>>
>> The fact is that peer reviewing is not a guaranty, on the contraty. It
>> acts as an ideological filter  rather than as a quality filter in every
>> discipline in which politics and scientists benefit from mutual cooperation
>> by interchanging money for ideological ammunition.
>>

> So what would you suggest as a replacement? The scientific method is, to
> paraphrase Winston Churchill on democracy, the worst system we have apart
> from all the others we've tried.
>
> You might like to consider that hurricanes and bush fires and rising seas
> and melting glaciers can't be influenced by political opinion, and it would
> take a huge effort to generate the evidence coming in from all over the
> world as part of some vast conspiracy. We're forever hearing about the
> wildest storms, the highest (and lowest) temperatures on record, the
> greatest floods and droughts and so on.
>
> Is it just possible that the overwhelming mountain of evidence indicates,
> maybe, something is really going on?
>
> (And by the way, supposing there is no global warming and we go ahead and
> develop sustainable power sources for no reason whatsoever before the oil
> runs out - won't that just be awful?)

You better read  the mails of the two climategate scandal and conform a
better opinion about the matter than with the bush fires and hurricanes
that the sanitary towell sellers tell you in your dumb box. You can see how
a conspiracy of interests push truth away and replace it with half truths.
That is happening since the human learn to talk and socialize. When the
whole science is perverted because all the laboratories are a single
virtual laboratory, all the model simulations talk together to to adjust
their parameters to reach the same conclussions (up to the decimal level) .
When the measures of tree growth is made by hungry russians that are
ansious to get his money and depend on western "scientists" that need their
next year grant from politicians that want to see reasons for giving them
millions of dollars, Then there is nothing that may resemble the scientific
method.  It is just bare humans doing whathever they can for their primary
concerns: their famillies, their personal careers and their ambitions as
ever in History. But in some other cases is even more: international crime

Alberto.