Hi John,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Telmo wrote:
>
> "I admire the US constitution too. In fact, my political position is
> essentially to follow it (although I like to imagine possibilities for
> peaceful world with further increases in freedom)."
>
> Which Constitution? the one epoch-opening chef-d'oeuvre based on modernized
> medieval ideas of those well educated smoking-duelling slave-owner male
> chauvinist Forefathers,

Yeah, they weren't exactly role models. Do you figure politicians are
now better?

> who just did not want to pay taxes to the King of England,

Good on them. What next? Pay taxes to wizards and dragons?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctOHo4RzZEc

> or the later
> "amended" versions of the same obsolete construct making it into a
> gun-toting killer - corrupt, faith-ruled money-monger (with SOME exceptions,
> thank you).
>
>  I join you in admiring the original one - as a relic, an innovation
> historical masterpiece FOR THE 18th CENTURY. Not for the 21st.

What do you feel should be changed for the 21st century?

> My admiration stopped short when I realized the outcome:
> a 'special-interest money'-ruled anti-democratic conglomerate, governing a
> so called government into committing crimes (international and domestic)
> originally excluded
> from it's 'modus (regulatio) vivendi'.

But are you sure this outcome would happen if the constitution had
been uphold? I don't thing the current level of federal power was what
they had in mind, for example.

> How can you imagine a 'peaceful' world with capitalistic (I call it:
> econo-feudalistic) principles, imperialistic (oil?) wars and forcing own
> interest on other countries? (Not to
> mention the availability of all level governance for enough money).

None of the things you say after the words "capitalistic" is what I
mean by capitalism. I see that as corporatism, which is in fact very
similar to European fascism of the early to middle 20th century.
Including all the flag waving and so on. War seems to be an exclusive
pursuit of governments. I think that a decentralised and well
connected economy would make wars very unlikely.

Telmo.

> JM
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to