On 28 Nov 2013, at 15:29, Samiya Illias wrote:

Bruno wrote: 'I was of course alluding to the greek (neo)platonists. They did invented the God used by both the abramanic cultures (even if terribly deformed, notably by the abandon of science about it, and the use of authoritative arguments, by Christians, Muslims, and perhaps by the Jewish (with Maimonides, to some extent).

It is not because we have found strong evidence that the Earth is NOT flat, that Earth has disappeared. We just correct our theory of Earth. Why couldn't we do that with the notion of God?'
------------

The God of Abrahamic faiths is the Deity.

It is preferable to bet so. OK.

We believe that He is the only God from time immemorial.

Hmm.... OK. But he might have "encounter" by Indians, Egyptians, and many others.

All prophets preceding Abraham also spoke of the same God. Unfortunately, over ages most belief systems degenerate into a pantheon of gods 'in the image of humans'.

As far as I know, they might be intermediate gods and goddesses, and many things. But the big one is one, OK.

The problem is that the big ONE has no name, and humans keep invoking it or even acting in his name, which is blasphemous. The problem is in the idolatry of text and syntax, and being sleepy on the semantic or meaning.

The God I believe in is the majestic, indescribable, unimaginable, majestic Creator and Sustainer of everything.

Yeah ... I might relate. (I am not entirely sure the term "creator" is a not a bit misleading, though).

Unfortunately, instead of focussing on and understanding God's message of love and justice, people misunderstand the warnings of not qualifying for Heaven and blame / reject a God who warns of Hell as the consequence of injustice.

Injustice and dishonesty leads to catastrophes. But is not the warning of "God" private? can we really tell this to others, like if few words could really help, and not confuse.

When "hell" becomes a metaphysical or theological punishment, how can someone do the good, for the good, and not by fear of the bad?

With comp there is something like a non communicable moral law, which asserts "don't ever do moral", which is non communicable, but still accessible as true from the first person point of view of the machine. We have to trust Conscience or God in that matter, somehow.

Rejecting God won't make any difference to God or His plan. We need Him and His guidance, not the other way round!

Nobody rejects God, I think. People rejects this or that representation of God and the norm and moral often associated with It, which have been imposed to them by tradition/coercion. That's not a problem, and participates to the faith. They look behind the names, and wake up from the hypnotic repetition of sentences and words.

But some identifies the unique God and this or that representation, and so believes that they reject all notions of God, to directly bet on another one unconsciously, and abandon the honest spiritual inquiry, which requires an humble doubting third person attitude in those matter. That's more grave because that lead to 'authoritative arguments' (the worst) in both science and religions. It is all good for the bandits and credulity exploiters.

Bruno

Samiya

Sent from my iPhone