Brent:   *W h a t*  consciousness? would you please describe your take
(observing the caveat of Liz)?
Whatever I could deduce from different peoples' (authors') mumblings (the
contents?) boiled down in my 'generealization' to *"RESPONSE TO RELATIONS" *-
no animal (human?) connotation, thinking, or feeling.
They all fell out. With no  indication of   *H O W ? *
*JM*