The present title is better:  *H U M A N  consciousness. *  I buy THAT as
"being conscious". Of what? first of myself. Then:
the world around ME. Then the development of HUMAN thinking over the past
millennia, including good old D. Hume, who -
IMO - was a wise person, but I feel since his time humanity might have
absorbed SOME info in addition to what he had at his time. I appreciate
Hume's wisdom, but would not like to go back and hold it as a measure for
my thinking. He did not text from a jet-flight about a TV show, or  ais DNA
aberrations. Etc.