On 12/18/2013 3:51 PM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
Calling a "sequential ordering of events" time does not make a sequence of events spring into being.

?? Calling a large grey pachyderm an elephant does not make a large grey pachyderm spring into being either - but on the other hand it was already there in order that it might be called anything at all.

It may "in our heads" but the physical world doesn't work that way... Time would emerge right along with space from interactions between events. We do not need to specify the space and time before hand; all that is necessary is a huge number of events and interactions among them.

Sure, space and time are ways of ordering and classifying events that makes it possible describe their dynamics as simply as possible.

Brent

QM systems come with Hamiltonians <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamiltonian_%28quantum_mechanics%29> and so have everything they need to build space-time out of their interactions. The Fishbowl fears Occam's razor's strike!

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com