On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is my tuppence about the *hoax-game* of the
> *fantasy-play*'teleportation':
> It is what I said, never substantiated and placed into circumstances never
> substantiated or verified even within our imaginary physical(?)
> explanations.
> Wana play? be my guest.
> In a 'transportation' (cf: reincarnation-like?) one is supposed to receive
> new identity as fitting for the new circumstances, with memory arased of
> the old one.
> YOU2 is NOT YOU1. (Not even YOU1*).

If you don't accept in step 1 then computationalism is false (which is
possible, but it was an explicit assumption on which the rest of the
reasoning is based).

Why should we think computationalism is true?  Our particles are
substituted all the time through normal metabolism, so the particular parts
are not important so long as the pattern is preserved.  Further, no known
laws of physics are incomputable, so then the brain must use some, as of
yet, undiscovered physics in order to assert computationalism is false.

Jason