All,

The fundamental nature of reality is examined in detail in my recent book
on Reality available on Amazon under my name.

Marchal is on the right track, but reality consists not just of numbers
(math) but is a running logical structure analogous to software that
continually computes the current state of the universe. Just as software
includes but doesn't consist only of numbers and math, so does reality. In
fact the equations of physical science make sense only when embedded in a
logical structure just as is the case in computational reality.

Modern science has a major lacuna, the notion that all of reality is
mathematical, that prevents science from grasping the complete nature of
reality. In truth all of reality is logical, as is software, and the
mathematics is just a subset of the logic. After all, modern science with
its misguided insistence that all of reality is mathematical, has had
nothing useful to say about the nature of either consciousness or the
present moment, the two most fundamental aspects of experience. However I
present a computational based information approach to these in my book
among many other things.

The second clarification that needs to be made to the post on Marchal's
work is that human math and logic are distinct from the actual math and
logic that computes reality. The human version is a generalized and
extended approximation of the actual that differs from the actual
logico-mathematical structure of reality in important ways (e.g. infinities
and infinitesimals which don't actually exist in external reality).

I can explain further if anyone is interested, or you can read about it in
my book...

Edgar Owen