I had a question about the quote below of Edgar's.  In what sense of
'compute' do you believe that something computes reality?  Also, I'm
wondering if Laplace's demon is relevant.

According to the article, we have:

In 2008, David
 used Cantor
diagonalization<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantor_diagonalization> to
disprove Laplace's demon. He did this by assuming that the demon is a
computational device and showing that no two such devices can completely
predict each
[6] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace%27s_demon#cite_note-6> If the
demon were not contained within and computed by the universe, any accurate
simulation of the universe would be indistinguishable from the universe to
an internal observer, and the argument remains distinct from what is