On 30 December 2013 14:59, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 12/29/2013 4:41 PM, LizR wrote:
>
>  On 30 December 2013 09:35, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> Liz,
>>
>>  Good questions. The computations take place in P-time which is the
>> universal processor cycle in which they execute. The results of the
>> computations compute dimensional space and CLOCK time.
>>
>>   So an external time dimension is required.
>
>  So imagine a universe with a time dimension and some space-less
> computations...I'll try.
>

> This shouldn't be any harder than imagining Bruno's Turing machine
> computing everything...including space and time.
>
> Bruno has explanied how his computations take place timelessly, within
arithmetic. So far Edgar's ontology requires an external, pre-existing time
dimension and a pre-existing "pre-logical space" (whatever that is).

I admit I have difficulty understanding how Bruno's UD "runs" inside
arithmetic, but at least he has come up with a coherent theory, as far as I
can tell. But so far, at least, I am having trouble pinning down exactly
what Edgar is trying to say. (Admittedly I may be biased by his obvious
misunderstanding of SR, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with
his other ideas.)